The Aboyne Primary School Parent Council was established in accordance with the Scottish Schools 2006 Parental Involvement Act. The Act recognises that in order for children to realise their full potential, schools should welcome the views of the parent forum (all parents and caregivers in the school) and encourage parental involvement.
Our constitution outlines the main principles by which the Parent Council operates;
We communicate with parents via school-issued e-mails, meetings, the notice board, class rep emails, and most commonly via our Facebook page, Aboyne Primary School Parent Council. Please join us there!
Practically, the Parent Council creates opportunities, encourages parents to get involved in school life, and supports the school through the work of its sub-committees.
Our key initiatives for the school year are:
- To support the educational experience of all pupils via funding school trips or visits from external professionals
- To support parental engagement and involvement (curriculum, internet safety, etc.)
- To aid and improve effective communication between the school and home
All parents and caregivers are very welcome at our meetings with the school’s management team. Meetings happen every 6–8 weeks on average.
If you have any questions, initiatives, or ideas, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Council Meetings
Session 2022 – 23
- Parent Council Meeting – June 2023
- Parent Council Meeting – April 2023
- Parent Council Meeting – January 2023
- Annual General Meeting – September 2022